Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pie #6, 7 and 8: Peanut Butter, Butterfinger, and Coconut Cream

Ok so in honor of Thanksgiving, I made 2 pies last week.

The first was Peanut Butter which did not turn out at ALL like it was supposed to. It was super sweet and didn't really hold it's shape very well. It looks pretty but I think the low fat cream cheese and the low fat peanut butter caused it to turn kind of "gloopy".  I even froze it and it was still gloopy. That's some persistent gloopiness!  My nephew, Jack, had a wonderful time "helping" me though. He taste tested everything for me. Such a little helper. :)



The second pie I made for Thanksgiving was actually a very lowfat Weight Watcher's recipe. And of the two, wouldn't you know this was quite the favorite.  This one was made with graham cracker crust, lite KoolWhip and a crushed up butterfinger bar (Jack also had fun helping me crush the candy).  The top is drizzled with low-sugar chocolate sauce and a little bit of caramel sauce. Freeze it for a bit and it was quite yummy!





For this week, I had a special request to make a coconut cream pie.  This was, of course, the original pie I wanted to make that started this entire project.  I went back to the well with an Emeril Lagasse recipe from Food.com.  Is coconut cream supposed to be brown? I always thought it was more of a creamy white color. Hmm...  I DID toast my own coconut tho, that's probably what made it brown.  Oh well - I only had one tiny bite of this one but I had good feedback that it was very good too.

By the way - did you notice my new pie plate and carrier? I decided to invest in something prettier than my plain (and very old stuff). Yay for Target!


No comments:

Post a Comment