Friday, November 5, 2010

Pie #3: Chocolate Cream

This week's pie is Emeril Lagasse's Chocolate Cream Pie from The Food Network website.  It turned out sooo good!  Way more tasty than even imagined.  With ingredients like heavy whipping cream, buttermilk, and Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate, how can you go wrong?  I even whipped the cream for the topping myself! Never done that before! :)  The original recipe called for a cookie crumble crust but I went with a baked pie shell and I'm glad I did. I might have been a little too rich otherwise.

The funny thing is it doesn't take long for the people at work to know I'm baking a pie a week and to start expecting it! I had 2 guys waiting at my cube this morning when I came in "where's the pie!?"  haha...

What to do next week... hmm....

1 comment: