Monday, October 18, 2010

Pie Pie, me oh my

Ok so last night I baked a shoofly pie for some guys at work. One of them grew up in Ohio and was familiar with this Amish classic. The Amish are famous for their pies and whenever I visit home I also have 20 to choose from. I've not been much of a piemaker myself but they are a pretty quick and fun dessert to make.  Since making this shoofly pie, I have also had a request for an Old Fashioned Cream and now a Chocolate Cream pie. So I'm wondering if I just shouldn't change up this list item a little. Maybe every Sunday night I make a different kind of pie? One every week for a year? That's 52 different kinds of pie! I know I could come up with 20 pretty easily but 52 would be quite a challenge...  hmm... 

I'll try to post a picture of my Shoofly Pie. For anyone not familiar, Shoofly pie is made with molasses with brown sugar crumbles on top. It's a really strong flavor. The consistency of pecan pie and the flavor of gingerbread!

3 comments: